Flag of the ICDO
THE FLAG OF THE INTERNATIONAL CIVIL DEFENCE ORGANISATION
Adopted by the 48th ICDO Executive Council (Tunisia, 20 April 2015) – Decision 9Approved by the 22nd ICDO General Assembly (Kyrgyzstan, 12 May 2016) – Resolution VII
1. The flag of the International Civil Defence Organisation (ICDO flag) is a symbol of honour and prestige. It serves as a reminder to members, observers and affiliated entities of the respect due to the Organisation and its Statute, as well as the importance of working to implement the decisions taken by the Organisation.
2. The ICDO flag is always kept and stored at the Permanent Secretariat of the Organisation.
3. The ICDO has the following types of flags :
3.1. Ceremonial flag;
3.2. Everyday flag;
3.3. Table flag.
4. Design of the ICDO flags (3.1 and 3.2):
4.3. White fabric with a fringe;
4.4. The official ICDO emblem in the centre (a blue triangle on an orange globe framed by olive branches);
4.5. The name of the organisation in six languages: English, French, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Chinese.
5. Characteristics of the ceremonial ICDO flag:
Dimensions: 100 x 150 cm
PANTONE Colors: PANTONE Orange 021 C
PANTONE Blue 3005 C
PANTONE Green 363 C
Text in Black
6. The ceremonial flag is displayed at all meetings of the Executive Council and General Assembly. The flag may also be used at other ICDO events in other countries, as needed.
7. The ICDO Deputy Secretary-General periodically inspects all ICDO flags and takes appropriate measures to maintain their condition, informing the ICDO Secretary-General of any minor repairs that are required.
8. The ICDO flag shall be displayed in the main premises of all national civil defence organisations of the ICDO Member States.
TRANSFER OF THE ICDO FLAG
After the election of the new ICDO Secretary-General, the President of the General Assembly hands him the ICDO ceremonial flag.
The following ceremony then takes place:
1. The ICDO Deputy Secretary-General asks everyone present to stand and invites the President of the General Assembly and the President of the Executive Council to come to the centre of the hall.
2. The ICDO Deputy Secretary-General asks the designated staff member of the Permanent Secretariat to bring the ICDO ceremonial flag to the centre of the hall.
3. The ICDO Deputy Secretary-General invites the former ICDO Secretary-General to come to the centre of the hall.
4. The staff member of the Permanent Secretariat lowers the ICDO ceremonial flag. The former ICDO Secretary-General approaches the ICDO ceremonial flag and bids farewell to the flag.
5. After the ceremony, the former ICDO Secretary-General stands next to the President of the General Assembly.
6. The ICDO Deputy Secretary-General invites the new ICDO Secretary-General to the centre of the hall.
7. The staff member of the Permanent Secretariat hands the ceremonial flag to the President of the General Assembly. The new ICDO Secretary-General comes to stand with the President of the General Assembly, and the latter solemnly hands him the ICDO ceremonial flag.
8. The new ICDO Secretary-General takes the flag, stands next to the President of the General Assembly, and faces the participants in the ceremony.
9. The new ICDO Secretary-General requests the staff member of the Permanent Secretariat to bring the ICDO ceremonial flag to the place of honour. He then proceeds to the podium and pronounces the following:
I solemnly promise to faithfully comply with the ICDO Constitution and with the other governing documents of the Organisation;
I will undertake to ensure that the ICDO:
- will adhere to the principles of humanity and impartiality, independence and solidarity;
- will strictly comply with the rule of law and justice, and adhere to the principles of national sovereignty and non-interference in the internal affairs of States;
- will provide protection and assistance to the affected populations, regardless of nationality, religion, or political and other beliefs.
10. After the official speech the ICDO Deputy Secretary-General invites the President of the General Assembly, the President of the Executive Council and the new ICDO Secretary-General to gather around the ceremonial flag for the taking of photos.
11. The ICDO Deputy Secretary-General announces that the official transfer of the ICDO flag to the new ICDO Secretary-General has been completed. All of the participants in the ceremony return to their places.