The Permanent Secretariat of the International Civil Defence Organisation (ICDO) and the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire jointly organised a training course from 17 to 28 July 2023 in Grand-Bassam, Republic of Côte d'Ivoire, on the theme of "Crisis management and methodological didactics".
Led by a trainer from the Schwarzenburg Federal Training Centre (CFIS), the course was attended by 16 delegates from 8 ICDO member countries (Algeria, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo DRC, Côte d'Ivoire, Niger, Senegal and Tunisia), and was aimed at exchanging experience and knowledge in the fields of coordination, planning and evaluation in disaster prevention and management.
Several topics were covered:
1. Planning/structure of an instruction: definition of objectives, social forms ;
2. Carrying out an instructional sequence: presentation of different didactic methods;
3. Dealing with difficult participants: presentation of different techniques for managing potential conflicts in training;
4. Evaluation / feedback: how to give constructive feedback;
5. Creativity techniques.
Talking about the Methodology of crisis management:
1. Creating exercises (table top, for staff, in the field);
2. Organisation of crisis management during a major event (front command post, rear command post, etc.).